Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Second Day Presentations

I was again amazed at how well my peers did in their presentations. They all had very clear ideas and expressed them well. 
Amanda's presentation was wonderful. I was hooked from the beginning to the end and secretly wanted her to just read her whole paper to us. I also wanted to look up the blogs she mentioned in class. 
I also enjoyed the presentation on sex in the Bible. It was a great topic and I am honestly ashamed that I did not pick that topic myself. There is so much of it in the Bible that I cannot imagine a better topic to explore. I was reviewing Plotz today and read the chapter where he lists all the sexual acts so far found in Genesis. There is so much even in the first book and I want to argue with everyone I know who condemns sex before marriage to read these passages and explain to me why its bad. 
Which then reminds me of another presentation in which some made a comment about being able to discuss and argue the book. I wish I could remember the exact words at the moment cause I was thoroughly impressed when I heard them originally.
I am eagerly awaiting the next round of presentations, in hopes that I will be sparked to do research on a topic I am unfamiliar with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment