Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Presentations

Were awesome! 
Everybody did a great job providing the major theme of their books in a way that was so fun to watch!
Acts group had an amazing movie. I am technology challenged (hence the puppet show), so I am very impressed with how well it all came together. It had a great flow from scene to scene, and when the topic switched, the group provided us with the information needed. Great acting too :o)

Jonah and the Fish/Whale was also hilarious. I liked the simplistic over view of the material, while still making it entertaining. Tai= very handsome fish. 

 While doing our group presentation, I learned a lot about the Song of Solomon. Mainly about the distinction between the meanings of the words and who the words were meant for. I can understand the relationship between God's love for the people, but honestly, all those lovely and intense images are hard to place on Israel. For me, I think it is just some erotic poetry. A good break from the normal story time and I enjoy that it turns the heat up a little. Maybe there is a little influence from our friendly muse Erato in there. But in any case, as Dr. Sexson said, the words in Song of Solomon are difficult to read with out feeling a little of that emotion. Those words are powerful. 
for love is strong as death.

Who wouldn't want to have those words spoken to them?


No comments:

Post a Comment