Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Journey Thus Far

Reading the Bible has been an interesting ride so far. I have just gotten to where Moses and the Israelites are free from the Pharaoh, but the Israelites are complaining of being hungry and thirsty. 
I have found that it is hard to figure out how to work Plotz into this. When I read Plotz before the Bible selections, I find that I understand what is going on better, but I also approach everything in a rather cynical view. The class discussion of this helped me a lot, but I still don't know what to think of Plotz. I agree with him, I mean, why did he harden the Pharaoh's heart so many times? That seems a little extreme, but maybe it makes sense when you take a step back and look at it as the better story? Where's a story with out a little conflict right? 
I am becoming more and more please with the reading material in the Bible. It becomes easier and easier to understand and also more enjoyable. I know this will probably come to an end soon, but so far, I am more pleased than I originally thought I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment